Paradise Flower Oil Painting Stage 1

Stage 1 of a 'Bird of Paradise' Flower.

Size about 8 x 10 inch

Using Genesis Oil paints. I used an old watercolour painting on 300gsm watercolour paper that hadn't turned out - you can see the shapes and texture in the background. Placed a cut-out of the paradise flower from a photo I took as a template and washed on oil paint (mixed colours with overall grey made up of scrapings from used palette) thinned with odourless solvent.

Started with some colour in background - leaves and stems - to set the tones. Washed in white and yellow in correct shapes as a base for glazing in colours later. Allowed to dry.

Comments

I have never seen ones that are so yellow.
Faye Pini said…
You are correct Robert. This is stage one and the finished painting needs many layers or glazes yet! I haven't got to it either but will post when finished. It is in a new medium - well new to me - of genesis heat set oils.